Ascendix is a software and services technology company based in the U.S. with locations in Dallas, Texas, and Ukraine. We have been successfully growing for over twenty years. Our professional services department compliments the front office product that we develop and sell by providing business process re-engineering/strategy consulting, customization development, implementation, and ongoing support and training services.
Now we are looking for a responsible Business Analyst/Software Consultant to join our team. This is a hybrid consulting and sales role that provides a well-rounded experience for fast professional growth. As a Business Analyst, this person is integral in translating the business needs of the client into a business requirements specification. As a Software Consultant, the ability to convey and demonstrate our stack of solutions, and answer decision-maker questions regarding our software are required. The consultant will listen to the needs of our clients and prospects, suggest solutions, and collaborate with our team to design and develop custom solutions when necessary. The candidate may be based in the U.S. or Europe and will work during the normal U.S. business day.
Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned):
- Must be able to listen carefully to the prospect or client, answer questions, and provide solutions to their business scenarios
- The Consultant must be proficient in presenting software solutions and communicating their use and benefit
- For custom solutions, the analyst will articulate their wants/needs/desires into a meaningful specification document to present back to the client and the development team who will be implementing the solution. All along, there must be sound reasoning being applied to all that is absorbed from the client to identify reasonability factors to delivering the desired solution
- Business process writing. These skills are crucial so that you can speak with the business contact and turn that conversation around to the solution architect who needs requirement details to perform his or her job
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Capability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
- Readiness to Manage scope and the client’s expectations.
- Ability to understand and explain the base software product to clients and users so they understand its capabilities and benefits.
- Capacity to gather requirements in a collaborative group environment.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Would be a plus:
- Exposure to CRM applications/projects
- Professional certifications in Salesforce or Microsoft are a plus and is an immediate goal for the new employee
- Healthcare, disability, vision, dental
- 401K with matching benefits, partial health club membership reimbursement
- A work from home program (a remote work and solution center approach to deliver professional services is employed, minimizing the need for travel. The amount of travel necessary may occur from time to time and is minimal)
- Three weeks paid time off and eight paid holidays